Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Purchases that make you feel alive.

Grant and I are very, very excited to get a deck put in this summer.  Plans are being drawn.  I have  a Pinterest board full of ideas for it.  I imagine our little baby crawling on it while we BBQ. Oh, to have a deck where more than 5 people fit (standing).

Then, my husband asked "Is a deck necessary, does it fit in to our new minimalist lifestyle?"
Ummm.. no. We don't NEED a deck.
"Yes dear! Of course we can still have a deck!"  Totally doubting my words.

Later that evening, I was browsing minimalist blogs and came across one that said purchases that make you feel alive are totally fine.  Purchases that allow you to experience living life are important.  Since Grant and I want our lives to revolve around our small family and experience life with them, a deck makes total sense. Yay!  For some people, "purchases that make you feel alive" might mean a vacation, going to movies, or weekend drinks with friends. For us, it means having a calm retreat for us to enjoy just us 2 or with a big family surrounding us.

I really wish I could find a link to this blog. :/

"Make intentionality your highest pursuit. Not consumerism."

No comments:

Post a Comment