Thursday, June 5, 2014

Purge and stuff.

3 trash bags full of clothes gone today - mine and Grant's.
Yay!

Yesterday, I cleaned out our garage. HOLY COW. I was able to burn an insane amount of wood Grant was "saving". All the leftover like 5 inch pieces and little chunks from our ceiling. 3 bonfires FULL. I couldn't believe it was all hiding in there behind his car.  I also found a bunch of garbage and shoes and broken junk I was able to get rid of.  Our garage is so big now!! It's embarassing, but I didn't even know we had a built in dog kennel in our garage because there was so much stuff piled up around it.  I don't think I would ever lock our dogs in there but nice to know we have one.  I also put up a shelf and lined up all the jugs of oil/gas/paint/whatnot. I'm really proud of this garage cleaning accomplishment, it took me the whole afternoon.  I was able to find my "weiner flipper" (a tool for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire. Woohoo! Successful day :)  There is still a huge pile of cardboard I need to break down and get to the community recycling center. I can do that today.

I LOVE HAVING THE TIME TO DO THESE THINGS!!!!!



Today, I set up a drying rack outdoors. ooOOOOoo I know, small step for most people. Big step for me. Waiting for my first load of laundry to finish washing that will be hung outdoors to be dried outside.  Last week I made all homemade laundry and dishwasher detergent.  The laundry detergent is working well and makes our whole upstairs smell fantastic. I'm not sold on the dishwasher soap quite yet. I need to get better at rinsing, or the dogs need to get better at licking. One or the other.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. I feel terrible, but I just remembered your blog and decided to come over here for some cleaning tips. I don't know when I'll have time to do it, but I want to get some purging action going on at our house, too! I think it's neat that you guys have a built-in dog kennel in the garage! Trying to picture what it would look like... :)

    Anyway, I hope you keep sharing these tips! Even if I never have the time to do them all, they motivate me to start lining up purging projects for myself. Maybe I'll get to them SOMEDAY. :)

    ReplyDelete