Friday, July 18, 2014

back to the drawing board..

I have been a bad blogger.  I get focused on the house, baby, or new job then forget how much I liked writing down what I've done for our home.  To get me back in the swing, I'm going back to Post #1 and checking off what I've done.  And printing off the list and putting it on the fridge to keep motivated!
I have, however, been really good at keeping living intentionally and minimally on a day to day basis.   Wednesday, I went to Menards for closet shelving brackets. They did not have what I was imagining. I proceeded to wander around Menards and fill the cart.  I looked down on my way to the checkout and thought, "Audry, you didn't need any of this before you got here."  Backed away from the cart slowly and walked out the door.  It was an amazing moment.  Today, I went to a second hand cloth diaper store and got TEN diapers for ONE DOLLAR!! I am so so so happy with this purchase. I came home and washed them and hung them out ASAP they look so beautiful hanging on the drying rack outside, I don't want to bring them in :)  Cloth diapering is going to be awesome.  I can't think of one reason to not do it. I have the time.  The difference is throwing the diaper into the washer instead of the trash can.  It will save us a couple grand AND I will be able to sell them when I'm all done having babies.  High five to me!


FUTURE GOALS
  • Car trunk.. what have I been hauling around for years? (DONE! 5/21/14)
  • Towels.. we have dozens. Why? DONE! Sewed together 2 different blankets with these holy towels.  Gave the blankets to the dogs. They love them :)
  • Grant's Closet (part 2)
  • Shoes
  • Garage (DONE! 6/4/14)
  • Tools
  • Basement Shelves.. what is down there?
  • Scrap Books/Picture albums
  • Dog Toys
  • Maternity Clothes DONE! Baby is coming in ONE MONTH!! I sorted through the hand-me-down maternity clothes I've been collecting from cousins and figured out what I will be wearing in the next few weeks and what is not going to work. BALLLIN
  • Cleaning Products COMBINE AND CONQUER! Switch to homemade. DONE! Every time I use up a product I replace it with a home-made version. Or don't replace it at all. It's pretty awesome to have minimal cleaning supplies.  
  • Paper Products
  • Coin jars.. turn that in to cash money.
  • Booze Cabinet
  • Wine Glasses, so many glasses, so little to drink
  • Mittens/Hats/Scarves (DONE 5/22/14)
  • Dress Scarves
  • Command center. Why do we have a calendar and photos hanging messily that nobody looks at?
  • Small Appliances. How many blenders does one need?
  • Our swivel office chair. One of George's favorite chew toys as a pup. The chair is comfy, and we get a lot of use out of it. But it looks like junk. This is a replace item.
  • Our mattress. Another replace item.
  • Our dressers. Both need to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment